Why Top 45?

These are the things that float to the top of my list of activities that I want to do for the year 2012 when I am 45 years old. The list is comprised of things that I have either never tried or have wanted to try and just didn't have the courage or time to do it. Follow along and watch my progress and feel free to comment or add words of encouragement to help keep me going for the next 365 days!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pure Adrenaline

We are going to start this post off with a bang!  Here is a video of me ziplining today at Lake Travis Zipline Adventure :



Hahahahaha!  Okay, not really, but here is a picture of me and my peeps Missy, Alison and Amy just before we started on our adventure.


You will notice that Missy is wearing a pink florescent helmet that has a fake mohawk velcroed to it.  What you can't see is that it says 'Happy Birthday' in glitter paint on the side.  Missy got a special helmet instead of the standard orange like the rest of us because zipline scheduling put our adventure just a couple of days before her birthday.  We started off the morning with a birthday brunch at Manuel's then headed out to the Lake Travis to begin our adventure.  It seems we picked an almost perfect day weather-wise to go because it was warm enough for shorts, but not so hot that we were sweltering in the Texas heat.  You will also see the pinwheels.  Apparently we are the first people to even think to bring along pinwheels for our adventure and we suggested they should sell them in their shop.

As I mentioned, the weather was perfect timing wise for visit to Lake Travis Zipline, however my exercise routine wasn't...I mistakeningly (don't think that is a word) took a 24 Hour bootcamp class on Thursday so I am still sore from all the lunges, squats and scissor hops that our instructor tortured us with in the early morning.  I have been trying to stretch and actually tried swimming on Saturday to loosen up my leg muscles.  I was definitely moving better today than I have in a few days, but word to the wise, don't take a class like that before you have to hike up steep hills around the lake.  I digress.  We did 5 different ziplines zigzagging across Lake Travis.  Even with the lake levels drastically below normal levels, the scenery was beautiful to gaze at as you are rocketing between one platform to the other.  The final zip was the steepest and was about half a mile long. 

I highly recommend this adventure to people who might be interested....as the piggy says, "Pure. Adrenaline."

PS.  Another gentleman on the trip was taking lots of photos, mostly for his family and friends, but also took some of us at the end of each line.  If he remembers to email them to me, I will post some more animated photos.

Next up:
SXSW Film in one week

No comments:

Post a Comment