Why Top 45?

These are the things that float to the top of my list of activities that I want to do for the year 2012 when I am 45 years old. The list is comprised of things that I have either never tried or have wanted to try and just didn't have the courage or time to do it. Follow along and watch my progress and feel free to comment or add words of encouragement to help keep me going for the next 365 days!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Life Happens....

John Lennon once said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  And in my case, when you live in Austin, Texas this time of year, 'life' comes in the form of Cedar Fever which leads to major sinus problems.  I, as most of you know, have some grand plans for myself in 2012, and I am going to have to pause a bit over the next couple of days to regain my strength and health.

Yesterday was my actual birthday and even with my head cold, I managed to take in a yoga class at the Y with my buddy Amy, meet a client and pool inspector to finalize a home purchase, attend an Al-Anon meeting to enrich my spirit and get love and support from friends, have lunch with Kellyn, rest a bit and have dinner with Amy, Alison, Will, my mom and 4 lovely young ladies, Charlotte, Violet, Julia and of course, Nicole.  Thank you to all of my wonderful friends and family for the heartfelt wishes of happiness on my special day.

All in all it was a lovely day and I look forward to the weekend when there will be more festivities.  I am keeping up with some of the ongoing tasks and as I mentioned in a previous post, can check off one of my tasks as I have colored my hair...for me it is a big deal, for some it may not seem all the different.  I will post an 'after' picture in a day or two when I feel up to taking a picture and my nose is not red from all the kleenex usage, but for now, below is the 'before' picture taken last week.  This picture is of me, Nicole and Fi-fie.  AKA Hosanna Pierre, Fi-fie is the Haitian woman who has been a member of our family since I was a year old.  She is one of the two cooks who taught me my way around the kitchen and to prepare yummy things for people with a lot of love and care.  She will be 98 in April and is as spry as they come. 






More to come. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment