Why Top 45?

These are the things that float to the top of my list of activities that I want to do for the year 2012 when I am 45 years old. The list is comprised of things that I have either never tried or have wanted to try and just didn't have the courage or time to do it. Follow along and watch my progress and feel free to comment or add words of encouragement to help keep me going for the next 365 days!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Wicked

It was a busy weekend accomplishing 2 items on the list in addition to working all day Saturday showing houses, and it sure was fun.  As I mentioned in the previous post, I attended the Opera on Friday and then Wicked on Sunday.  As part of Christmas, I bought great tickets for Wicked for Nicole...okay, not just for Nicole, it was a Christmas present for myself, too. 

This was the fourth time for me to see Wicked.  The first time I saw it was in Chicago with my friend Stacy.  After trying to win tickets at a book store near the theater for several hours, or maybe a day or two, we finally broke down and bought what tickets we could afford.  The seats weren't great, but I do remember being so totally engrossed in the performance from the first note played by the orchestra that I literally sat on the edge of my seat for the whole show (occasionally sitting on my legs to raise myself high enough to see everything that was happening).

The second and third time I saw Wicked was here in Austin.  The seats were not any better either time, but I still enjoyed the show nonetheless.  On this fourth time, I decided if I was going to see the show, that I really wanted to see the show.  Our seats were row "E" just 6 rows back from the stage.  We could see the characters faces so well that at times, I thought the actors and actresses could see me singing along to the songs.  Here is a picture of the stage curtain from our seats (sorry for the head in the bottom left, wish I could have gotten a clear shot without it).



Several mother and daughter pairs bought tickets for the same performance, so we had lunch before the show at Mandola's Market .  The girls really had a good time and I look forward to many more shows like this one...and now that we are spoiled, I don't intend on buying seats much farther back than we had this time around, after all, how can anyone resist the smiles on these faces?!


I will be focusing on several 'ongoing' items for the month of February and post about some of them and in March will be zip lining, SXSW movies and Chicken S*&t Bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment