Why Top 45?

These are the things that float to the top of my list of activities that I want to do for the year 2012 when I am 45 years old. The list is comprised of things that I have either never tried or have wanted to try and just didn't have the courage or time to do it. Follow along and watch my progress and feel free to comment or add words of encouragement to help keep me going for the next 365 days!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Price of Admission

This post is not so much about 'the list' but about lessons that I am learning while taking this journey this year.  It kind of piggy backs on the post "Sister Wives" that featured Madea's Advice that I wrote about in December.  I think it is true that we need to accept significant others, friends and family with all their faults because, as Dan Savage puts it in the video below, it is the price of admission to have these relationships.  I would to take it one step further and say that it is great when we can also learn to accept ourselves, warts and all, because it can be empowering to do so.  All of these lessons I hope to pass on to Nicole in words and, as a role model, who actually lives these ideals.

FYI, there is some cursing in the video, so be mindful of who is around when you are watching it.


Back to regularly scheduled posts soon...

PS.  I forgot to mention that this video is courtesy of Jon Armstrong at http://blurbomat.com/. Thanks Jon!

No comments:

Post a Comment