Why Top 45?

These are the things that float to the top of my list of activities that I want to do for the year 2012 when I am 45 years old. The list is comprised of things that I have either never tried or have wanted to try and just didn't have the courage or time to do it. Follow along and watch my progress and feel free to comment or add words of encouragement to help keep me going for the next 365 days!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Two-Way Street

"Example is not the main thing in influencing others.  It is the only thing." ~Albert Schweitzer

I read this quote today and it made me also remember one of the reasons I am undertaking my adventure of the Top 45 at 45 next year.  As mother to Nicole, I have been thinking a lot lately about how I am a role model for her.  At 9 years old, she is a precious, young lady.  I get lots of compliments about how well behaved she is and a good friend to her friends. 

Last summer she attended a camp at the Paramount Theater here is Austin and I was in awe of her performance on stage, being brave enough to sing and dance in front of hundreds of adults and kids.  She has also become quite the competitor in swimming and works really hard at everything she does from homework to learning her singing and dancing routines and learning swim strokes.  Today she received her Principal's Pride award from her teacher at school and the write up stated, "Nicole is one of the hardest working students.  She is very responsible and mature but still knows how to have a good laugh. Way to go, Nicole!"  I am so very proud of her and want to continue to be one of her role models, because she sure is one of mine.  It is a two-way street!




No comments:

Post a Comment