Why Top 45?

These are the things that float to the top of my list of activities that I want to do for the year 2012 when I am 45 years old. The list is comprised of things that I have either never tried or have wanted to try and just didn't have the courage or time to do it. Follow along and watch my progress and feel free to comment or add words of encouragement to help keep me going for the next 365 days!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Besides Ice Cream

     I know that I keep promising to do a post about the spring garden and while I was outside watering it this evening, I think I realized I am hesitant to post anything because the garden always seems to need weeding or I want the plants to be bigger because they look wimpy to me.  There is definite progress in growth, just not a lot of 'WOW' factor.  Because it is already getting warm here in Austin, I am hoping we will be able to harvest something before the ground shrivels up.  To keep me from shriveling up tonight while eating dinner, I actually had one of these:

Cerveza! Compliments of Pedro


Those of you who know me pretty well, know that I am not a big beer drinker stemming back from an incident in high school and some quarters, but I am not going to get into that now.  The beer just sounded like a good idea and it was nice and cool on a warm evening while watering the garden.


When I came back inside, Nicole had a little surprise to share with me, actually two of them.  The first one is best shown in photos:

Now you see it...

Now you don't!

 I keep forgetting that there are still some baby teeth in her mouth!  She of course asked me if she was going to get some money from the tooth fairy.  When I asked her if there was a tooth fairy she said, "Yes, it is you and you should dress up in wings and sneak into my room with the money in exchange for the tooth!"  She really isn't greedy at all...maybe that will change in her teens.



The second surprise is this letter that she wrote to me while practicing her cursive in school today.




Understandably, It left me a little verklempt...talk amongst yourselves for now.




























































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment